fight about 为……吵架
10 I beg your pardon.
请原谅我。
常用单词
beg [beɡ] v. 乞讨,恳求(原谅)
pardon ['pɑ:dn] n. 饶恕,原谅
学学这样说
1. I apologize. 我道歉。
2. Pardon me. 请原谅我。
3. I can't tell you how sorry I am. 我很抱歉。
4. I'm so/awfully/terribly sorry. 我很抱歉。
5. I really feel bad about it. 我很抱歉。
6. Please forgive me. 请原谅我。
补充短语
feel bad about 为……而抱歉
11 Apology is quite unnecessary.
实在没有必要道歉。
常用单词
apology [?'p?l?d??] n. 道歉认错,愧疚
unnecessary [?n'nes?s?r?] adj. 不必要的,多余的
学学这样说
1. Why should I apologize? 我为什么要道歉?
2. You have my sincere apology. 我诚心诚意向你道歉。
3. Please aept my sincere apology. 请接受我诚挚的道歉。
4. I make my apology to you. 我是来向您道歉的。
5. I demand an apology. 我要求道歉。
6. I owe him an apology. 我应向他道歉。
7. Please bring them my excuses. 请代我向他们致歉。
补充短语
make one's apology to 向……道歉
12 He told me with regret that he could not e to the party.
他很遗憾地告诉我他不能来参加这个聚会了。
解析 ▲ with regret意思是“遗憾地,抱歉地”,一般在句中用作状语,修饰动词。
学学这样说
1. We received a letter of apology. 我们收到了一封道歉信。
2. He was forced to make a public apology. 他被迫公开道歉。
3. They were very regretful about the trouble they'd caused.
他们对所惹的麻烦深感愧疚。
4. He regretted to say he couldn't e to the party.
他遗憾地说他不能来参加这个聚会了。
补充短语
a/the letter of apology 道歉信
make a public apology 公开道歉
13 I apologize for what I have done.
我为我的所作所为道歉。
常用单词
apologize [?'p?l?d?a?z] v. 道歉,赔罪
学学这样说
1. Sorry, I kept you waiting. 对不起,让你久等了。
2. Please excuse me for being late. 对不起,我迟到了。
3. I''t join in your discussion. 很遗憾,我不能参加你们的讨论了。
4. Please excuse the offence. It won't happen again.
请原谅这次冒犯,我以后再也不会了。
5. I'm terribly sorry to have caused you so much trouble.
真对不起,给你造成那么多的麻烦。
6. We would like to offer our apologies for the delay of your flight today.
今天航班误点,敬请原谅。
应用对话
Steven: Julia, I apologize for what I have done. Please forgive me.
Julia: I've already forgiven you. Actually, I also owe you an apology. I was so rude to you that day.
史蒂文:茱莉娅,我为我的所作所为道歉。请你原谅我。
茱莉娅:我已经原谅了你。事实上,我也应该向你道歉。我那天对你那么粗鲁。
14 Please aept my apology on behalf of the hotel.
我代表酒店向您致歉,请您接受。
解析 ▲ apology是动词apologize的名词形式,常用于构成以下词组:a note of apology(道歉信)、make an apology(表示道歉)、in apology for(为……道歉)等。
补充短语
aept one's apology 接受某人的道歉
随机测验
A: I am sorry for breaking your glass.
B: ______
A. See you B. You're wele.
C. It doesn't matter. D. No thanks.
翻译
A:对不起,我把你的杯子打碎了。
B:没关系。
答案:C
提示:别人向自己道歉时,要用it doesn't matter(没关系)或者that's all right(没关系)作答。
15 I forgave you a long time ago.
我早已原谅你了。
解析 ▲ ago是副词,意思是“以前,以往”。常用在表示一段时间的名词或者名词词组之后,与过去时态连用。
常用单词
forgive [f?'ɡ?v] v. 原谅,宽恕
学学这样说
1. We forgave his rudeness. 我们原谅了他的无礼。
2. I've already forgiven you. 我已经原谅了你。
3. I'll never forgive you. 我永远不会原谅你。
4. Thanks for your support and kind understanding! 多谢大家的支持和谅解!
5. My advice is that it's best to forgive and forget. 我认为最好还是既往不咎。
16 Happy couples need anding.
幸福的夫妻需要互相谅解。
常用单词
mutual ['mju:t?u?l] adj. 相互的,彼此的
understanding ['?nd?'st?nd??] n. 理解,谅解
学学这样说
1. He is not a man who forgives easily. 他不是一个轻易宽恕他人的人。
2. He forgave her for what she had said to him. 他原谅了她对他说过的那些话。
3. He begged for forgiveness for what he had done. 他为他的所作所为乞求饶恕。
4. A true friend will understand. 真正的朋友会谅解的。
5. Seek to understand, and you will be understood.
试着谅解他人,而你也将被人谅解。
应用对话
Julia: Thanks for your understanding.
Steven: Happy couples need anding.
茱莉娅:谢谢你的理解。
史蒂文:幸福的夫妻需要互相谅解。
17 We've tried our best to ween the two parties.
我们已尽了最大的努力来促成双方和解。
解析 ▲ between是介词,通常用来表示“两者之间”,常与and连用。
学学这样说
1. After each quarrel children are soon reconciled. 每次吵架之后,孩子们很快就会和好。
2. Mary and John quarrelled, but they made up after a while.
玛莉和约翰吵架了,但不一会儿就和好了。
3. The two parties coiliation at last. 这两方最后讲和了。
4. I told her that there could never be a reconciliation between us.
我告诉她我们之间绝不可能和解。
5. We tried to reconcile her with her family. 我们试图让她和她的家人和好。
补充短语
make up 讲和,和好
coiliation 讲和