首页 > 其他小说 > 终极英语会话最新章节列表

邀请道别

1. Shall I e to pick you up? 要我开车去接你吗?

2. I've arranged a car to pick them up at the station. 我已安排了一辆汽车去车站接他们。

3. I have arranged one of my staff to meet you at the airport.

我已经安排了一名员工到机场接你。

4. I was expecting him here at five. 我和他约好了5点在这儿见面的。

随机测验

I will ask my brother to pick up you_____6:30.

A. in B. at C. on D. by

翻译

我会让我弟弟在6点半接你。

答案:B

提示:在具体的时间前,用介词at。

09 I e to say goodbye to you, for I'm going back to London.

我是来向你道别的,因为我就要回伦敦了。

常用单词

goodbye ['ɡ?d'ba?] n. 再见

学学这样说

1. Say goodbye! 说再见吧!

2. I'd like to say goodbye to you all. 我想向你们大家告别。

3. Say goodbye to Mary for me. 代我向玛丽说声再见。

4. We waved them goodbye. 我们向他们挥手道别。

应用对话

Steven: Hello, Hanson. I e to say goodbye to you, for I'm going back toLondon tomorrow.

Hanson: No. Couldn't I persuade you to stay a couple of days more?

史蒂文:你好,汉森。我是来向你道别的,因为我明天就要回伦敦了。

汉森:不是这么快吧。我难道不能说服你多留几天吗?

10 My friend gave me his picture as a memento before our departure.

我的朋友在离别前给了我一张照片留作纪念。

语法TIPS

give sb sth as...意思是“把……作为……送给某人”,其中的give是及物动词,后面可以跟双宾语。

学学这样说

1. We've decided to have a farewell party before we leave school.

我们决定在离开学校前举行一个告别晚会。

2. The two friends said goodbye and went to their respective homes.

两个朋友道别后就各自回家了。

3. She left him after a very nice farewell. 一番非常美好的告别之后,她离开了他。

4. Would you like to give her a farewell party? 你要不要为她举行一个欢送会?

补充短语

say goodbye to 向……告别

a farewell party 欢送会

11 It's not easy to part with one's children.

同自己的子女分离是不容易的。

解析 ▲ part with是动词词组,表示“与……分别”。其中的with是介词,后面跟表示人的名词或者代词。

语法TIPS

it's not easy to do sth表示“做某事不容易”,相当于it's hard to do sth。

学学这样说

1. I meant to leave quietly, but your kindness made the parting doubly hard.

我本想悄悄离去,可你的善意却使分别更加困难了。

2. As far as I remember, that was our last meeting.

在我的记忆里,那就是我们最后一次见面了。

3. They said goodbye, not knowing that they were never to meet again.

他们互相道别,当时并不知道他们永远不会再见。

12 Taking French leave is not my style.

不辞而别不是我的风格。

语法TIPS

take French leave源自十八世纪的法国习俗,参加宴会的客人不对主人说一声就自行离去。不过法语中也有“英国式的悄悄离去”的说法。

学学这样说

1. I never got the chance to say bye. 我连道别的机会都未曾有过。

2. How could you leave without saying goodbye? 你怎能不辞而别?

3. Could you please give me a reason why you left without a word?

请给我解释一下你不辞而别的理由好吗?

4. If I were you, I wouldn't go without saying goodbye. 如果我是你,我不会不道别就走。

补充短语

leave without a word 不辞而别

go without saying goodbye 不辞而别

13 It's a pity that I'm too busy to see you off tomorrow.

很遗憾我明天太忙,无法给你送行。

常用单词

pity ['p?t?] n. 遗憾,可惜

学学这样说

1. We all went to the airport to see her off. 我们都去机场为她送行了。

2. She sent him off in high spirits. 她兴高采烈地为他送行。

3. Please give my best regards to your sister. 请向你的姐姐转达我的问候。

4. Take care of yourself and don't forget to keep in touch.

自己保重,不要忘了常联系。

应用对话

Hanson: It's a pity that I'm too busy to see you off tomorrow.

Steven: It doesn't matter.

汉森:很遗憾我明天太忙,无法给你送行。

史蒂文:没关系。

14 Take care of your body.

保重身体。

解析 ▲ take care of是一个动词词组,表示“注意,保重”。of是介词,后面跟名词或者代词。

学学这样说

1. Take care! 保重!

2. I wish you a very good journey. 祝你一路顺风。

3. See you later. 回头见。

4. See you tomorrow. 明天见。

5. I will miss you. 我会想你的。

6. Goodbye and have a good flight. 再见,祝你一路顺风。

应用对话

Hanson: Goodbye and have a good flight.

Steven: Thank you. Goodbye!

汉森:再见,祝你一路顺风。

史蒂文:谢谢你,再见!